Happy #menumonday, friends!
And happy late Mother’s Day to all my beautiful mom friends! We celebrated by having lunch together at one of our favorite restaurants, a little Irish pub called Shawn O’Donnell’s. Their Reubens are amazing!! It’s so nice to be able to go out and support local businesses again. We grilled some steak with roasted potatoes for dinner and bought some flowers, herbs, and tomatoes for my garden. Overall, it was a lovely, enjoyable day.
Finding yummy new ways to incorporate fresh veggies into our meals is my mission this month. Often this takes the form of adding a side salad to whatever meal we are eating, but sometimes it looks like having veggies mixed in with the main dish, and sometimes it looks like having veggies (not a salad) as a side dish. We don’t often go meatless around here, but over the years I’ve moved away from meat as the focal point of the meal. It’s a balancing act, though; my husband is a carnivore for sure.
Here’s what this week’s menu (and veggie plan) looks like:
- Monday: Chicken Feta Pasta (this uses fresh cherry tomatoes and we will have salad on the side)
- Tuesday: Spaghetti (Caesar side salads)
- Wednesday: Leftover Day!
- Thursday: Grilled Steak Southwest Salad
- Friday: Homemade Pizza (I love veggie pizza!)
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Oven baked Salmon over pasta, roasted brussels sprouts on the side
It’s shaping up to be a tasty week!